Friday, June 11, 2010

From Oregon to Mexico and Back again...

Forgive my lack of consistency with my writing. I’ve been on a whirlwind adventure the last couple of weeks. I went home to Oregon to work in my dads store for a few days and then attend our annual memorial weekend camping trip to China Hat. An added bonus was being able to spend a great deal of time with my best friend from high school Jake who was injured about a year and a half ago with a spinal chord injury. We made the trip up to China Hat to visit friends and mostly get away from it all. It was an awesome time.
I spent a few days in Portland visiting friends (thanks for your hospitality!) and returned on Wednesday only to rush off to Mexico to attend the Baja 500. I covered the race for ATVriders.com, a site that I've contributed to over the last couple of years, and our team won! All kinds of excitement. I continue to be amazed at how blessed I am. It was not even a year ago that I was reading about Matlock Racing and their dominance in the Baja Racing series, dreaming about one day attending a race. Now I’m helping run their pit, changing tires in the middle of the race and writing articles about them for magazines and websites. Its such a blessing to be where I am and doing what I’m doing!From Mexico it was back to California and Sunday morning I decided to make the trek out to a local MX park and shoot some photos of a WORCS race. I got to see some great friends, made a few new connections and shot a lot of pictures and video. I’ll have a story and photos up on that event soon as well as a complete race report on the Baja 500!

Stories and video's from some of the excitement...
Story about China Hat trip HERE
Video from the Race HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment