Thursday, February 10, 2011

Moving forward

Soooo.....Its been a little while since I've written on the old blog. Chalk it up to spending time looking for a job and the rest of the time worried about not having a job. Things have been up and down quite a bit over the course of the last few months but they are finally starting to look up.

A quick rehash, about mid October I suddenly realized I didn't have a job and the things that I was doing to generate money were barely cutting it and they were slowly vanishing. So after applying for jobs on craigslist and a day spent making cold calls as a part of the interview process for one company, I finally took to the streets to try and find a job. The day was bitter sweet.

The second door I knocked on was a film company called Endeavor Production Group. I talked to the owner for almost an hour and basically left with a job. It would be entry level and only part time but I was energized and continued my rounds to see what else I could find. Later that afternoon my truck died and failed to restart. That began about 2 months worth of recurring truck problems, which are still not settled to this day but its running and for that I'm thankful.

Fast forward to today, I'm still working with EPG and I'm in charge of a little branch we started called SpecSpot TV. I'm producing 60 web videos for business to promote themselves and their services online. I really like the work but its slow going. Everyone seems to want video to promote their business but no one wants to pay.

I also have another part time job working as a marketing assistant for the Stromsoe Insurance agency. I actually found and applied for the job on craigslist. It was an interesting interview process but after meeting the owner Mike and learning how he does business it made perfect sense and the system really works.

Outside of my "real" jobs, I'm continuing to pursue the motorsports world with everything I have. I've had some INCREDIBLE opportunities lately in terms of getting my name out there as an industry insider. I wrote a story for ATV Rider Magazine that should be on stands now, and basically just told my story of how I got to where I'm at and some of the exciting events that have happened along the way. That was a huge blessing because the story turned out to be 6 pages in the magazine and I've received a lot of great feedback from people about it.

I've had some other AMAZING opportunities recently that I will share in my next post but for now, it's late, I'm tired and this is the first time I've posted since November...you'll have to check back :) I always love hearing from you so please feel free to comment below or on facebook.

2 comments: